As a groundskeeper at the Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport you will be integral to the care of our exterior grounds. Maintaining the lawns and gardens in the summer and snow removal in the winter, creating an appealing atmosphere for our guests.
- Performing repair or general maintenance work of grounds.
- On property snow removal.
- Spreading salt.
- Maintain grounds in clean and orderly manner including mowing, trimming, weeding, aerating and fertilizing lawns; replace plants as needed.
- Other landscaping duties.
- Plant, water and trim plants and flowers.
- Pull out dead grasses and debris from trees.
- Trim and water the grass in order to maintain its mass
- Lay fertilizers and other chemicals to flowers and plants.
- Maintain the cleanliness in the garden by sweeping trashes and pulling out dead plants.
- Do basic landscaping and designs for the beautification of gardens.
- Multi-tasking proficiency.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
- WHMIS an asset.
- First Aid considered an asset.
- Experience and thorough knowledge of gardening & horticulture is an asset.
- Must be able to regularly lift 25 kg.
- Able to work in a physically demanding position.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts inclusive of evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent travel benefits with over 3000 hotels worldwide
- Paid group insurance plan
- Free Staff Parking
- Discounted staff meals
- MetroX Bus stops just outside hotel entrance
Management Position? No
Entry- Level Position? Yes
Work Permit Needed? Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Job Available: Immediately
Employer: Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
How to Apply: