|Do you have a passion for people? The Westin Nova Scotian is looking for two Full Time (Temporary) Front Desk Agents to join our team!
The main functions of the Guest Services Agent are to check guests into and out of the hotel, and operate the command centre as required to ensure efficient communication within, to, and from the hotel. The Guest Services Agent must maintain a welcoming attitude and welcome all service questions and requests.
• Experience in a hotel or a related field required.
• Previous Front Desk Experience a definite
• High School diploma required.
• College degree preferred- Tourism.
• Long hours sometimes required.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
• Check guests into or out of the hotel.
• Confirm credit and payment method at check in and full payment at check out.
• Review PMS inventory and house count for availability and rates.
• Book reservations for day of arrival or future stays.
• Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing shift. Balance bank daily.
• Maintain and market special guest programs.
• Handle incoming/outgoing calls.
• Be familiar with guest privacy and VIP procedures.
• Operate switchboard and 2-way radio.
• Know emergency procedures.
• Run copies and charge guests as needed. Send faxes and charge as needed.
• Run daily arrival report and ensure special requests taken care of.
• Review changes in Policy and Procedure.
• Distribute faxes, packages, and mail to guest services for delivery, or inform guest of receipt.
• Distribute billing reports to hotel outlets.
• Prepare key check inventory.
• Block bus tours and notify Housekeeping.
• Other duties as required.