The Westin Nova Scotian, a landmark Halifax hotel located next to the Seaport Market, the Halifax Harbour, Pier 21 and just steps from world-class shopping and dining opportunities, we are an employer of choice in this vibrant city. Our 4 ½ star Canada Select property offers 310 guest rooms, over 23,000 square feet of meeting space, Sykea Spa, elements on hollis restaurant, Yuk Yuks Comedy Club and so much more.
The Westin Nova Scotian offers professional, personalized service to ensure the success of event in our Halifax convention space. The versatility of our space inspires creative entertaining for any special occasion. Whether our clients are hosting a cocktail party for 20, a breakfast for 500, a wedding for 100 or a corporate lunch for 300, we will deliver an experience of excellence at this premier Halifax hotel. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Largest Meeting Space: 8,400 sq. ft.
Indoor Meeting Space: 8,400 sq. ft.
Total Meeting Space: 23,000 sq ft with 17 meeting rooms
The Banquet Manager is required to coordinate, supervise, train and direct all Banquet department personnel and operations, and liaise with the Catering and Culinary departments.
The primary responsibility of the Banquet Manager is to assure the success of all banquet and conference events while maintaining high standards of service.
· At least 5 years of progressive Banquet management experience in a hotel or Catering company required with at least 2 years as department manager in a large operation.
· Long hours required as business dictates.
· Comply at all times with New Castle Hotels and Resorts standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Attract, develop and retain talent
· Exceptional customer focus and the ability to Inspire others
· Proven Personal effectiveness and effective communication
· Proven, strong leadership skills
· Experience in a unionized environment a definite asset
· Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
· Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
· Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
· Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
· Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from multiple sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
send your resume to Susan Wilson, Human Resources Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org