The Westin Nova Scotian, a landmark Halifax hotel located next to the Seaport Market, Halifax Harbour, Pier 21 and just steps away from world-class shopping and dining opportunities, we are an employer of choice in this vibrant city.
At Westin, you can learn, grow and succeed. We have exceptional benefits for our associates that range from a complimentary orientation stay at our property, StarHOT and New Castle Hotels and Resorts room rate discounts, social and community participation opportunities and so much more.
The requirements of this position include preparing beverages requested by customers according to standard operating procedures, and to provide courteous, prompt table-side service to guests. The bartender must provide an atmosphere of welcome and warmth generated by a sincere concern for all guests’ satisfaction. This position works in Roy’s Lounge.
2 casual positions available
· High School diploma and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
· Previous bartending experience required.
· Responsible Beverage certification required.
· In-depth knowledge of wines including varietals & countries of origin preferred
· Long hours sometimes required.
· A detailed knowledge of liquor, beer, wine, mixed drinks and mocktails.
· Knowledge of local liquor laws required.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
· Complete opening/closing duties according to standards set forth.
· Prepare drinks for guest and beverage servers using specifications.
· Present drinks to guests, obtain payment for them, and record accurately.
· Have full knowledge of entire menu, as well as daily specials, desserts, etc.
· Take all guests’ orders, ring them up, and expedite the orders from the kitchen in a presentable and timely manner.
· Provide attentive service, focusing on guests’ needs.
· Receive payment for food and beverages provided and provide change and receipt to guests.
· Clear and clean tables when guests leave, return dishes/glasses to be washed. Keep lounge area clean and free from debris.
· Creation of daily drink specials to promote products and fresh seasonal garnishes.
· Wash all glassware and maintain a sanitary environment in accordance with local health codes.
· Complete beverage requisitions to maintain par levels as needed, using full bottle for empty method.
· Monitor guests for intoxication and report such findings to Manager immediately.
· Keep an accurate record of all checks and balances to be presented in a daily report.
· Process credit card and room charges.
· Analyze and complete a night audit report utilizing the sales summary received at closing time.
· Other duties as required.