Keltic Lodge Resort and Spa
Guest Services Manager
Guest Services Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: This job exists to oversee the operations of the front desk and bell staff.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: The Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for the smooth operation of the Guest Services department and for ensuring that all standard operating procedures pertinent to Guest Services are followed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
· High School diploma required.
· Degree in Hospitality and Tourism preferred.
· Previous supervisory experience preferred.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
· Computer systems, office equipment, hotel software, telephone, cell phones credit/debit approval machine, 2-way radios, pager systems.
· Long hours sometimes required.
· Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
· Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
· Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
· Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
· Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
· Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from multiple sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
· Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with New Castle standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper business attire and nametag when working.
· Comply at all times with New Castle standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Supervise and ensure completion of all duties of Front Desk and Bell Staff..
· Check guests into or out of the hotel.
· Confirm credit payment method at check in, and full payment at check out.
· Communicate frequently with Housekeeping in regards to room status, special requests or discrepancies.
· Log all requests and confirm completion.
· Maintain key control.
· Maintain Guest Services log book.
· Review PMS inventory and house count for availability and rates.
· Maintain and market special guest programs.
· Maintain and market special reservations programs (rate of the day, up sell techniques, special packages)
· Making/modifying/canceling reservations as required.
· Balance and prepare individual and operational paperwork for closing of shift.
· Balance bank daily.
· Perform all duties of Guest Services Agent..
· Check appearance of all employees to ensure compliance with New Castle Standards of Appearance.
· Submit maintenance reports/requests to the Engineering department.
· Physically check discrepant rooms when needed.
· Assist convention coordinator in posting charges for groups as necessary
· Coordinate bus tours (rooming lists, keying tours, mass group check in, greeting motor coach, tour billing)
· Communicate with tour directors prior to and during stay regarding arrival/departure times and special requests.
· Coordinate emergency procedures.
· Run daily arrival report and mark registration cards for special requests.
· Review changes in Policy and Procedure.
· Assist Accounting with research.
· Stock and maintain inventory of supplies.
· Coordinate staff breaks.
· Run switchboard as necessary.
· Conduct change of shift briefing.
· Input/modify room status into departmental computer.
· Other duties as required.
SALARY RANGE: $ 11.50 to $12.00 per hour plus gratuities.