We are looking for an outgiong positive individual to join our Hampton Team. If you are excited about making people happy this is the place for you. We have a fun working environment with lots of "perks" for our team members. We are looking for the right canadidate to lead our overnight team and balance the books. I look forward to hearing from you :)
Assistant General Manager
JOB SUMMARY: This job exists to reconcile all hotel cashier transactions for the day, prepare management reports, and to perform Guest Services duties including check-in, check-out, switchboard operation, and reservations.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: The Night Auditor is responsible for balancing the hotel’s daily revenue, balancing and generating the hotel’s daily reports, checking guests in and out, performing any Guest Service requests and acting as hotel security.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· High School diploma required.
· Excellent computer skills required.
· College course work in related field helpful.
· Experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
· Computer, calculator, switchboard, and other office equipment.
· Long hours sometimes required.
· Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
· Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
· Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
· Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
· Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from multiple sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
· Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
OTHER ABILITIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE:
· Knowledge of accounting principles and Excel or similar software helpful.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with New Castle standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper business attire and nametag when working.
· Comply at all times with New Castle standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Check guests in and out.
· Take reservations.
· Program and make wake-up calls.
· Balance number of rooms and revenue.
· Prepare necessary reports.
· Balance Guest Services and Food and Beverage cashiers’ work.
· Balance credit cards.
· Make credit card deposits.
· Copy and distribute reports.
· Distribute daily payroll reports.
· Handle special guest requests.
· Other duties as required.