SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Scanway Catering located at the Four Points by Sheraton Halifax is currently seeking an experienced, professional and hands-on catering manager to handle offsite events.
The catering manager will take event and catering inquiries, work with clients to detail their events and actively engage with clients to ensure their events or catering orders are executed to acceptable standards, including overseeing the event onsite. This position requires both time in the office, and time on the floor at events.
The catering manager will use the existing Scanway database and other information to pursue and cultivate prospective accounts, along with generate profitable and logistically sound bookings that create strong business relationships that ultimately result in repeat business.
The successful candidate will be a customer service-oriented, organized, and high-energy individual who works well in fast-paced environments.
- Book, detail and oversee (on-site) all staffed events.
- Oversee events onsite to ensure client needs are met (this includes pre-event meetings/pep talks with serving staff).
- Oversee the catering supervisor.
- Oversee inventory and upkeep of all linen/equipment/decor.
- Oversee liquor inventory.
- Oversee/approve all staff scheduling as done by the catering supervisor.
- Engage in site inspections, client meetings and menu tastings.
- Solicit existing Caterease account base to generate additional bookings.
- Use Caterease in a professional and efficient matter to generate quotes, contracts and keep a reliable data base of accounts and clients.
- Prompt response (within one business day) to all forms of inquiries.
- Prepare accurate and creative menu proposals.
- Negotiate prices, prepare accurate quotes and then confirm by written contracts.
- Active participation in sales & marketing meetings, team building efforts and other like activities.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
- Assist with the compilation of competitive intelligence information.
- Participate in trade shows, conventions and promotional events within the company and trade related organizations.
- Actively participate in appropriate Sales/Catering training.
- Ensure all Scanway Catering standards are adhered for all event activity.
- Approve client billing (and billing of Four Points hotel), as prepared by catering supervisor.
- Execute client follow up (post event).
- Supervise Scanway drivers to ensure deliveries are made on time.
- All other reasonable requests that are made by direct supervisor (owner).
- Ensure Health & Safety standards are complied with at all times.
- Foster a team environment at all times with coworkers, culinary staff and service staff.
- Post Secondary education, or graduate of recognized Hospitality Management Program or equivalent and/or Minimum one year as an Off-site Catering Representative and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Microsoft Office Software computer literacy required.
- Caterease computer software experience an asset.
- High energy with exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a creative and effective leader, possessing a high degree of professionalism.
- Must maintain a professional appearance at all times. (Business casual dress code)
- Knowledge of local market and requirements a strong asset.
- Must be able to work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a very busy environment.
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage, passion for local food and wine a huge asset.
- Flexibility, long hours and weekends required.
- Own or have access to a vehicle would be considered an asset.
- Additional hospitality training (SuperHost, ServSafe, etc) considered an asset.
Please apply with your resume via emai with attention to:
Owner & Executive Chef