Position Summary: To provide efficient and courteous service to each guest, both internal and external. To perform according to the policies, procedures, quality standards and services as established by the management team for the satisfaction of internal and external guests. Daily duties include, but are not limited to: balancing daily Guest Services transactions; performing nightly maintenance on computer systems; preparing daily Management Reports, Guest Receipts and Rapid check-out folders; and other tasks as assigned. Supervision of staff and decision-making skills required. Must be willing to work shifts and weekends, as needed. A calm, professional approach is required at all times.
Areas of Accountability:
Achieve ultimate in guest satisfaction:
Oversee and participate in the prompt and courteous handling of all guest concerns as necessary, including, but not limited to: check-in and check-out; telephone and personal inquiries; luggage and vehicle handling; and travel information.
Ensure rooms security by maintaining effective key control and confidentiality.
Motivate self and associates by displaying excellence in customer service.
Exceed guest expectations by ensuring we provide superior service and teamwork:
Ensure all hotel products and services are delivered efficiently and in a timely manner.
Consistently communicate information and requests to associates to ensure teamwork generates exceptional guest service. Follow up with other departments as necessary.
Use tools such as daily logbook to communicate information.
Follow standard cash-handling policies and procedures.
Comply with check-in and check-out procedures for individual and group/tour activity
Maintain clean and safe working conditions within department and hotel:
Ensure all associates comply with safety rules and procedures.
Notify management of any problems or discrepancies.
Take corrective action, where required, to improve safety of work areas.
Perform tasks specific to Night Audit function:
- Expedite audit balancing duties quickly and effectively to ensure minimal interruption to regular Front Desk activities.
- Ensure all guest services are delivered courteously, efficiently and effectively, including check-in, checkout, telephone, personal inquiries and special requests.
- Address guest concerns in a positive manner and take prompt, corrective action as necessary.
- Communicate any concerns and special requests that have arisen through your shift.
- Prepare, balance, and print all Daily Management reports.
- Perform Night Audit Sequence
- Balance Room Revenue to be posted by verifying all Market and Segment codes, effecting corrections as necessary.
- Perform daily maintenance operations with back-up media and execute shutdown sequences.
- Verify balances of all cash floats
- Balance all daily miscellaneous vouchers and sort by revenue type.
- Balance and close all credit card POS transactions.
- Print Guest folios and prepare Rapid Check-Out folders.
- File Night Audit reports and registration cards from current day’s checkouts.
- Prepare and distribute management reports, include month-end materials.
- Foster spirit of teamwork while ensuring the department provides superior customer service to hotel employees and guests alike in a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
- Resolve any areas of concern relating to the safety and security of guests or staff.
- Maintain high level of integrity by respecting the privacy of guests and associates.
- Ensure management is informed of all unusual activity and matters of significance.
- Perform all duties in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established corporate policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position
Education and Experience:
- Academic Grade 12.
- Post secondary education in Tourism and Hospitality or equivalent hotel experience an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Highly developed service-first attitude.
Basic Accounting knowledge or audit experience.
Exceptional organizational and analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
Facility with languages other than English an asset, but not required.
Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as an active team member.