Reporting to the Guest Services Manager, this service professional coordinates all aspects of Guest Services to ensure smooth operation and the highest levels of guest and employee satisfaction. The Guest Services Shift Supervisor also serves as a resource and support to all Departments to ensure a smooth overall operation of the hotel in the absence of Department Heads and other Managers, serving as the Manager on Duty. Areas of focus include but are not limited to:
- Achieve guest satisfaction and room revenue goals by assisting with the daily operations of the Guest Service Department
- Ensuring all Holiday Inn Express brand standards and procedures are followed by the guest services team.
- Maintain room security through effective monitoring of policy and procedures.
- Supervise and actively participate in the prompt and courteous handling of all guest requests, including but not limited to: check-in, check-out, reservations, telephone messages, inquiries, luggage, billing issues, etc.
- Effectively communicate any information or requests to co-workers as needed, to insure that guest expectations are exceeded.
- Ensure daily tasks for the front office are completely properly and in a timely manner.
- Monitor service and teamwork on a regular basis and inform the Guest Services Manager of any additional training needs.
- Maximize room revenue by following any Revenue Management strategies or techniques as directed by the Guest Services Manager.
- Assist the Guest Services Manager in controlling operating and payroll costs.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience in a hotel environment is required
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills and comfortable operating computer
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Post-Secondary education in a hospitality concentration an asset
If you are interested in the above position, please submit your resume to:
Karen Kingsley – Guest Services Manager
Holiday Inn Express Halifax Airport
902 576 7601